Friday, October 22, 2010

stop the presses - i'm using a vacation day!

every once in a while, sometimes every so often, sometimes rarely...you just need a break. a break from the grind, a break from the tasks, to-do lists, phones ringing, emails blinking, schedules dictating.

i'm taking a vacation day. my son will go to school and i will do whatever the ___ i feel like. for me this means cleaning my apartment without distraction of "play with me", "mom, mommy, mooooooooom". the only meals to make are my own. ahhhhhhh time off.

i will feel accomplished, relaxed, refreshed and happy. i will get my hair cut and let them wait on me like i'm a queen. maybe i'll spring for a pedicure?

for this day i will be taken care of.

do yourself a favor - if you are tired, over worked, under appreciated, pulled in 1000 directions, over achieving, under achieving, burnt or bored...take that damn vacation day that you've earned :)

No comments:

Post a Comment