Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Boys to Men Poem Submission

I was asked to submit a piece of writing to the Boys to Men, Mother's Advisory Committee for their January Newsletter. Boys to Men is a nonprofit and its mission is to reduce interpersonal violence by offering programs that (i)support the healthy development of adolescent boys; (ii) provide assistance and educational resources to boys and those who help raise them; and (iii) increase community awareness about the specific needs of boys.


Mother and Son

my dear sweet boy
my little one
you swept me away
stole my heart
showed me what true love finally is

my dear sweet boy
the love of my life
the life of my love
the light of my universe

such a little man
such a big burden
be a boy - be a man
it’s just you and me

never leave me
always love me
take care of me
become the man I wish I had met years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment